the Book of Warriors


It's a book about Warriors Sneaker(known to Chinese as 回力).

From the author of the book Shumeng Ye:

” My name is Shumeng Ye and I'm a graphic design student from Helsinki. I was born in Kunming, China but I moved as a child to Germany and later to Finland.

Inspired by their unique and classic style, I took pictures of people wearing Warriors in various areas of China in 2007. Now these pictures have been released as the Book of Warriors and each copy is accompanied by a pair of Warrior sneakers. Through my book, I hope to tell the story behind the shoes and I would like show a different side of China. Not the industrial and economical power, but the daily life of a country with its own distinctive sneaker culture.”

Visit the website of the book: http://www.bookofwarriors.fi

It was just a special chance that I found Shumeng’s works on web, I liked it a lot and sent the link to many friends of mine. I am so happy to know overseas Chinese young people are doing such brilliant contribution to spread something so meaningful.
Looking forward to the meet-up with her this Sept!

- Steward

Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories